Friday 22 August 2014

Look of the Week


This week sees the introduction of yet another new, very talented illustrator to The Rakish Gent - Sarah Fuller. Sarah began her work as an illustrator in 2011 and uses her blog to showcase her work an ideas around her fashion based projects. Born in Portsmouth and now based in Liverpool she is particularly inspired by the contemporary dandy and the print heavy, hedonistic 1960s. I really love her interpretation of the look that I styled. Just take a look at the detail on these shoes and the way in which she has really captured the idea. 



The look that Sarah has illustrated, styled by me, is centered around this frankly awesome red suit by brilliant new brand Noose and Monkey, which is currently stocked at Topman and Asos. The brand is developing a following for its 60s style slim, cropped suits that are cut close to the body. With such a strong suit, a classic white shirt from River Island is all you need, but feel free to go to town on shoes, just like I did when I picked these incredible Guiseppe Zanotti embroidered velvet loafers from Luisaviaroma


A huge thanks to Sarah for her vibrant and creative interpretation of my styling. I cant wait to work with her again. In the meantime, you can find out more about her on her blog, as well as follow her on Twitter and Instagram

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous style! I love the colour of that suit. I've been following Sarah for a while now and you guys compliment each other perfectly.
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete